Lawnmower recommendations

Another vote for a Flymo from their outlet store. Just don't bother with the plastic-bladed ones, they disintegrate if your lawn is a bit bumpy [lumps, roots, rocks, etc].

Sponsored Links
Honda Izy is very reliable and quite light, had mine for 10 years and only annual oil change and one filter and spark plug change.

Cordless is the future, this youtube review/promotion shows how technology is progressing in the commercial sector, still too expensive though.

Blup
I’m considering cordless.
Just looking for one that doesn’t get any bad reviews, easier said than done.

Another vote for a Flymo from their outlet store. Just don't bother with the plastic-bladed ones, they disintegrate if your lawn is a bit bumpy [lumps, roots, rocks, etc].
I wouldn’t touch Flymo after reading bad reviews of their mowers online. I’ve had a few bad lawnmowers so now I just want one that won’t give any trouble.

I’m considering cordless.
Just looking for one that doesn’t get any bad reviews, easier said than done.
I got the makita 36 volt cordless a few years back which was only good for dry short grass, the latest models seem to be able to deal with longer wet grass, which is the ultimate test.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I got the makita 36 volt cordless a few years back which was only good for dry short grass, the latest models seem to be able to deal with longer wet grass, which is the ultimate test.

Blup
This will be the end of the 3rd season I've had with a 36v parkside mower.
As someone who uses mostly pro machinery I am very impressed with its performance, especially the way packs wet grass into , the not so small bag.
1698434633888.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm astonished at the popularity of robotic mowers these days - and I'm also astonished on how good they are.
John :)
And astonishing how badly things can go if they encounter a present left by a fox or a neighbour's cat... :evil:

I have visions of the batteries running out halfway through the job and taking ages to charge
Just like you're allowed to have more petrol in a can that you refuel a mower with if it conks out half way through a lawn, you're also allowed to own more than one set of batteries that you can swap dead ones for if they run out part way through a mow

You didn't say how big your lawn was

This all depends on the size and type of the garden and how often you mow.

Big garden (>200 m2) and lazy? You really need the umph and size of a petrol.

Smallish garden and not so lazy, anything will do.

Ive had two petrol mowers for my largish garden (200m2).
1st one rotted through. Second one blew its engine.

After researching, I decided to give electric a try. Cheaper. Easy to maintain. No rotting through, no petrol, oil, etc to worry about when cleaning and most importantly, light and easy to maneuver.

Best thing ever.

After a bit of research, I got a Hyundai 16" thing. Bought it lightly used for £35.

Fyi: Most mowers are actually the same make and model but different stickers. The Hyundai is so rebadged its comical but the prices vary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back