Lawnmower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy's

i need to buy a new mower as our old one is falling to bits..

Looking for a reasonable petrol cylinder 18".As these seem to cut nicer. our flat lawn area is 60 x 25

Any suggests on the buy/notbuy

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
I don't search for things first either. I only knew about it because I replied to it. It might not answer your question anyway.

Sponsored Links
most people dont, thats why some of us end up repeating ourselves several times and can get annoyed! I know the search facility is pants, but some people dont even scroll down the page to look at recent topics

I recommend Honda mowers. They have a steel body and come with either 5 or 7 yrs guarantee. I had to have mine serviced within the first 2 yrs to maintain the warranty.

Ive heard poor reports about other brands such as Mountfield etc. Many are made in China.

Honda don't make a cylinder mower,if you can afford it buy an Atco Balmoral 17" you can normally get the scarifier cassette for free so you get 2 machines for one. Trust me i am in the trade of servicing and repairing lawnmowers for the last 25 years and you do get what you pay for,during the summer my workshop only has the cheap mowers in for repairs as they keep falling apart.

The Hayter Autodrive series has to be recommended - although its not a cylinder mower, some of them have solid rear rollers for that striped effect.
The Qualcast Suffolk Punch is quite a popular cheaper one, with a cylinder. The older types were quite tough - can't comment on the newer ones.
John :)

Honda don't make a cylinder mower,if you can afford it buy an Atco Balmoral 17" you can normally get the scarifier cassette for free so you get 2 machines for one. Trust me i am in the trade of servicing and repairing lawnmowers for the last 25 years and you do get what you pay for,during the summer my workshop only has the cheap mowers in for repairs as they keep falling apart.

When I was a wee lad my first job was as a school grounds man and the best LM we had was an atco. I will keep an eye out on Fleabay for one

Thanks to all

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back