Laying a Bamboo Floor With Self Adhesive Underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyoen used this kind of underlay to instal real wood or bamboo flooring. Purchased it along with my flooring from B&Q and sounds to good/easy to be true.... is this really the case or am I dreaming of an easy job (as 99% of the time this never happens!!!)

Sponsored Links
B&Q stuff is a copy-cat of the original adhesive underlay. It takes some getting used to.

trying to follow the instructions and using this stuff is really hard! once shown the stuff is really easy to use. The problem is finding someone who will be able to show you how to use it.

you are correct sounds easy I haven't used it but it seems to me there could be quite a few things that could go wrong.

Sponsored Links
works Mint - took a week mind - but only a few hours a day and area was 20sq meter... not to bad all in all once you have the first row in its ded easy - trick is to take your time. Skirting was removed and re fitted after on top - allowing for the expansion gap

The result - job well done and even better when the Mrs's mate came round who's other half just happened to be floor fitter!!! and asked who we had in to do it! Big SMILE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back