laying block work on top of DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We built up to DPC with 100mm blocks, laid down the DPM, and had the concrete slab poured. I am now going to lay 100mm blocks on top of the DPM and need some guidance on how I should proceed.

1. Should I mortar underneath the DPM, or just above it ?
2. How thick does the mortar bed need to be when laying the blocks on top of it ?
3. How should I deal with the creases in the DPM ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yep that's fine as long as you have enough distance from the ground to you DPM(in this case DPC as well).

Hm? The DPM protects the slab from water penetration, and covers block work below the slab too, and thereby acts as a DPC too? It's single block BTW.

You will find that is contrary to current thinking and practice.

You don't see rolls of 100mm polythene down at the merchants either. I wonder why?

use DPC it is designed to be used under high compressive loads, unlike polythene

The DPM is lapped under the DPC, which is laid on a 10mm solid bed.

Oh get off with yous.
DPC is polythene, the only difference is it has those little crosses on the back.
You're not building a massive multistory building there will be no difference in material properties.
If you're that pedantic put some DPC under the DPM.

Visqueen says both it's DPC and DPM are polyethylene.
So what's the difference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back