Laying blocks out of reach ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The block wall I'm laying is now too tall and out of reach. I want to get the building to 2.5m.

I was thinking trestles with a scaffold board across the span.

Sponsored Links
They will be safe a ground floor level.

Blup

I'm asking methods for working at height. As in how do I lay blocks if I can't reach high enough

Cheers

Milk crates
25 ltr drums
Surplus blocks
Work bench(s)
Steps
Trestles
Tower scaffold
Tube scaffold.

All typically with boards of some sort.

Some enterprising foreign ideas include knocking up something in 4x2 or bamboo.

Sponsored Links
Pair of strap on stilts like the ones plasterers use?
Don't fancy it myself as not got the balance anymore. Even less when lifting/carrying a block.

The block wall I'm laying is now too tall and out of reach. I want to get the building to 2.5m.

I was thinking trestles with a scaffold board across the span.
We usually trestle and board up to lintel height (2.1m), then get the scaffolders to do their thing and erect a proper jobby, for the remainder and roof (single storey) or second lift (two storey).

At the risk of being ridiculed by the professionals, I’ve just got to 3.2m using a ladder. Yes it’s slow going moving the ladder for every block but I have plenty of time and a limited budget.

During my last build I had a JCB lying around, with pallet forks. Very handy for lifting a pack of blocks, bucket of mortar and me into the air. Swapped that for a forklift with a 6m lift that I'd do the same with

During my last build I had a JCB lying around, with pallet forks. Very handy for lifting a pack of blocks, bucket of mortar and me into the air. Swapped that for a forklift with a 6m lift that I'd do the same with
Holy moly! Where are the guard/grab rails?

shopping.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back