laying foundations

Evo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , great forum , can't understand how it took me so long to find it.
anyway , i'm about to take on my first major project in building an attached garage, i'm pretty savvy with the brick and block laying side of things, but aint had much to do with groundwork, and was wondering the best way to make sure i get good levels on my 600 x 300 strip footings which are 7m by 5.5m square , or rectangular if you prefer for a garden wall i would have just datum pegged through , is it the same case here , and if so how far apart etc ? sorry its a bit long winded for something so basic but i want to get a good start. :)

Sponsored Links
yep just set your level with a peg in your footings and then follow the top of that peg round the whole footing. pour your concrete to that level, leveling it off all round then drive the pegs in six inches below the surface.

Thanks for that , sure i'll find a few more things to pick everyones brains for soon enough !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back