Laying laminate before kitchen being fitted. Help needed..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I was about to lay some flooring prior to a kitchen being fitted and wondered if this is a good idea or if I should hold off until it is in as I will be trying to join to the side of an unfitted unit.

See here: x is the unit and green are the laminate planks.

Any tips thoughts or suggestions please?

Many thanks :)
IMG_5260.JPG

Sponsored Links
Would I just go past a little with a view of trimming back via a circular saw at a later date or is that a no-no?

Why don't you fit the laminate after the kitchen is fitted, then just go under the plinths?

Andy

Hi Andy, simply cant afford the kitchen at the moment and wanted to make use of my time. Shall I simply hold off, no tips or tricks that I'm missing? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to fit first , you would need to know position of everything in contact with the floor to within a couple of mm .
On your plan you would start bottom left finishing at units.

Okay many thanks foxhole, I'll hold off until the NY and when I can hopefully afford to purchase a kitchen for it. All the best, Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back