Laying Solid Bordeux Pine t&g Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going for Solid Bordeux Pine t&g boards curtesy of wickes in the hall living room and dining room, Can I just lay them as a floating floor ontop of the bare concrete ? and i assume just glue the t&g with something suitable.

Sponsored Links
Please remember pine is soft-wood, we wouldn't recommend that in hallways (heavier traffic, sand, grit under shoes etc).
You can install floating, but get some DPM+insulation down first (2 in 1 products available, not sure Wickes have. know they have DPM but that is folded from 3 meters wide and can be difficult when using in narrow areas).
Use proper PVAC adhesive to glue T&G (get the glue in the bottom og the groove to prevent spillage on top of the board when pushing boards in). Glue the groove completely, not just some drips here and there.

nonothing said:
I'm going for Solid Bordeux Pine t&g boards
I have this in my lounge straight onto floor joists using floor cramp to pull the joints up tight & secret nailing. I'm not sure how the joint will pull up tight as a floating floor though. Some of them do have a slight bow and this is when the swearing start, I'm not trying to put you off though as I maybe wrong.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back