laying techniques differences for semi-solid.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm due to lay my semi solid floor soon. I've glued laminate and secret-nailed solid plank. Is there any difference to semisolid? is there a usual way this floor is laid?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
A bit more information, please

What is the underfloor (concrete, chipboard, plywood, existing floorboards)? How long, wide and thick is the new floor?
What type of room (living, kitchen)?

A bit more information, please

What is the underfloor (concrete, chipboard, plywood, existing floorboards)? How long, wide and thick is the new floor?
What type of room (living, kitchen)?

cheers.

Pine floorboards under the floor.
Bedroom over breezy cold garage (3mx4m)(Im laying foil backed underlay and plan to lay perpendicular)
I haven't bought the wood yet, so Im not sure about it's dimensions

As long as the foil backed underlay doesn't contain a DPM or moist barrier you are fine.
You could switch to Timbermate Duratex for extra insulation.

Most often wood-engineered boards are installed using the floating method, glueing the T&G correctly:
How to glue T&G boards the correct way

Sponsored Links
Cool. Thanks

When I put down the solid floor I left a coin-width gap every 5 boards. Do I need to do this with semi-solid?

Depends on the quality and width of the board - but more often than not you don't have to.
Leave the correct gap around the whole floor though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back