Laying vinyl on tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just knocking through the kitchen and dining areas to make one room.

The kitchen is tiled and the dining room has a concrete floor.

The height difference between the two is 9mm so i will be laying ply on the concrete section of the area. It is then straight forward to glue down my TLS wood floor vinyl system.

BUT does anyone know how i need to treat the tiled area ? Do i need a special type of glue different from the one applied to the played area ?

Thanks for help

Sponsored Links
I dont understand your post. Is the kitchen floor already tiled?

Will the TLS wood floor vinyl system flow into the kitchen finished surface at the same height and then flow over the in place tile?

Mfr's are best to advise on adhesives - call their tech dept. In fact i would put your whole question to the Mfr's.

I am just knocking through the kitchen and dining areas to make one room.

The kitchen is tiled and the dining room has a concrete floor.

The height difference between the two is 9mm so i will be laying ply on the concrete section of the area. It is then straight forward to glue down my TLS wood floor vinyl system.

BUT does anyone know how i need to treat the tiled area ? Do i need a special type of glue different from the one applied to the played area ?

Thanks for help

Check the subfloor moisture levels, is the currently tiled floor concrete underneath? If both floors are concrete, lift the existing tiles and screed the floors to the same level and then fit the vinyl tiles. If there is moisture in the subfloor you will need to lay a liquid DPM, then proceed as above. Your suggestion is likely to cause issues between the two areas in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back