Lead flashing alternatives .... and Flashband

I have done several jobs where the client has asked for a credit for the scrap in which case I say i'll leave you the scrap......
Yeah...same applies when you carefully lift the old tiles, clean 'em, carry 'em down' stack 'em on pallets only for the customer to say..."are those mine"!!!

No, the ones we have thrown down from the roof into the skip are yours if you like. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
But it does seem a bit heath robinson with all those cut pieces around chimneys and up the slope of profile tiles though.

With Ubiflex, you cut it into exactly the same shapes and pieces as if it were lead, and fix it in the same fashion. The average person wouldn't tell the difference from lead, from ground level.

So some crack head desperate for a fix would most likely rip half of it up in a frenzy before realising its an alternative flashing :LOL:

Sponsored Links
But it does seem a bit heath robinson with all those cut pieces around chimneys and up the slope of profile tiles though.

With Ubiflex, you cut it into exactly the same shapes and pieces as if it were lead, and fix it in the same fashion. The average person wouldn't tell the difference from lead, from ground level.

Just checked what my builder used and it was Ubiflex. It didn't quite fit the bill so we have several roles waiting for a use in 5 years time.

Though it should be called Ubi-won't-flex because I seem to remember them doing quite big pieces several feet long by shaping it holding one end and it held the form :).

Ferdiand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back