Lead lined stone guttering 1910 terrace

Sponsored Links
Traditionally this style of guttering to my knowledge has been called lead lined guttering and would never have been used with those man made tiles i.e rubbish. Its a mistake to replace the slates with crap man made rubbish and not use the the correct thickness of lead ie. code 5 min. You have at least one fracture possibly two, you can get it repaired but if you want to forget about it for 20 yrs get it re linned.

Sponsored Links
Agree with Catlad. Using Eternits on there is dire. It also looks like they've oversailed the gutter to much and closed it down?

You can strip and coat it..but, it would be nice to see it done properly, you can use code 4 with a T Pren nowdays but whether the cost of T Pren would outweigh the difference in code, i don't know. You can just see the T Pren on a gutter we're doing at the minute, slightly different scale though.

IMAG0542_zpscacdc6fc.jpg

It needs to be code 5 with lead expansion joint really. A piece of expansion joint would be required every 2 metres and needs to be welded in.

It needs to be code 5 with lead expansion joint really. A piece of expansion joint would be required every 2 metres and needs to be welded in.

LSA guidelines say 2m with code 4,

Sorry my friend, I am afraid you are mistaken there, the maximum length a code 4 gutter could be installed would be 1.5 metres. The length can never be compromised even if the girth is significantly less than the maximum allowed. Furthermore, it is advised to use code 5 or above with lead expansion joints.

I would advise the original poster to get a leadwork contractor to install a lead lined gutter as Xenon suggested though.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back