Lead painted staircase in terrace house 1902 - advice needed

[/quote] Using different grades of wet+dry paper well rinsed to prevent clogging will be fine - Just like my grandfather did with a pumice stone and water when he was a painter`s apprentice - also they mixed their own paint and ground the ingredients including the white lead . When I knew him he didn`t smoke , because he got TB in his 30`s . So living to 80 wasn`t bad having worked with lead paint ;) As to liquid stripper - I was thinking Nitromors etc. like a furniture restorer M8 uses - I won`t go in his workshop when that stuff is out :eek:[/quote]

i have known plumbers live to a ripe old age even though they mixed pure asbestos fibers for pipe lagging using no ppe. but there have been alot of cases where people like teachers have suffered asbestos related diseases for sticking pins in asbestos boards. contamination is not a clear cut case so limiting any chance with regards to lead has to be the sensible option doesn't it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back