Leak in garage felt roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A small section of my garage roof is above my living roof which means that any leaks can affect my living room ceiling.

A few years ago, i was regularly getting streaks of water on my ceiling during heavier downpours. Someone on this forum suggested using Acropyl on the felt joints and this completely cured the problem for the last few years. I recently had a small amount come through again. I have reapplied Acropyl on the felt joints.

I am now wondering whether there is an issue with the sections of felt - perhaps a small hole - within the edges which may be causing the issue.

Ive seen videos online where people are rolling on some sort of primer/liquid and wonder whether I should do that for belt and braces?

I’d appreciate your advice on this.

Attachments

• DD24D607-7E6D-4684-B23B-9ADEFD928E9E.jpeg
    DD24D607-7E6D-4684-B23B-9ADEFD928E9E.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DF1B7F32-C390-43A6-8D68-1EED8F6C3847.jpeg
    DF1B7F32-C390-43A6-8D68-1EED8F6C3847.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 222
Sponsored Links
Unless you know where the water's getting in, it's probably best to treat the whole area. Rather than do belt & braces, you could try using something like Roofix, as I say treating the whole area. Cliche but preparation is key to ensure good application. If I'm looking at the pics correctly, there's a section of roof (maybe not yours?) covered in moss and general grime. The water might be getting in there and tracking along somehow to your property. I'd say that section definitely needs attention although easier said than done if not yours! You can get 20 litres of Roofix for circa £160 so won't break the bank. Other than that, yes you'd be looking at replacement of the existing covering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back