Leak in pipe under boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys, I've got a leak and I've traced it to the pipe that’s leaving my boiler which connects onto the same waste pipe as the sink and then into the stack pipe.
It’s a connector half way down the flexi pipe that the leak is coming from and I can see it’s all manky, so it just looks like I need to disconnect it, give it a good clean up, seal and reconnect…or just change the pipe from boiler to waste pipe removing the middle connection altogether.. however, what I don’t know about is - how much water is going through that pipe? When I disconnect it, is it going to be a few drips or be like turning a tap on?

Yes, I have bodged and stuck some tape on over the connector just to see if that slows it down whilst I can properly fix..

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
That is the condensate discharge , turn the CH off and no water will come out, break the joint clean up and remake will be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back