leak under the kitchen cabinet - help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya all, had a tap fitted outside - all been fine - the plumber took the hot and cold supply from the washing machine 15mm pipe! during the fitting of this he said that our washing machine pipe was blocked so was clearing this! (never thought no more)

since then all has been ok - last night i noticed water in the cabinet - seems to be coming from the join a bit like - with a spiget and a jubilee connector on a rubber hose - although i dont think the hose is causing a problem - i noticed that the rubber washer in the fitting was half in and half out, i put this back and it tightened up a lot more

http://www.screwfix.com/p/sink-washing-machine-trap-40mm/12794

do you think that this will solve the problem??!

hope ive sold the leak..... (is there anything else were it can be leaking from!!

Sponsored Links
That should be fine, just keep an eye on it.....
Turn the inlet from the washer upwards if you can - helps the drainage.
Make sure all of those other connections are firm, too.
John :)

thanks ^^ i read about making the hose higher than the spigot! :)
ours isnt at the moment!

im guessing he just didnt tighten it up enough and the washer (with it half sticking out) wasnt seating correctly)

i checked this morning and there was a tiny bit of water around it but that could have been from before!

guessint these dont need sealing with anything do they just need HAND TIGHTENING?!

THANKS ALL!!!! :)

Sponsored Links
Yep - if the 'o' ring is in good nick, thats all thats needed!
Use a jubilee clip of the correct diameter - if its too big, it distorts things.
John :)

john i dont think the bit on the hose (that has a jubilee clip on it) is leaking
i think it was the white plastic drain drainage pipe - the o ring was squashed and half hanging out - i put this further inside the pipe and tightened it up - (seemed to tighten up a lot)

?! thanks :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back