Leaking cemented sewer pipe

I'm not into bodging things in any way, but if this was mine I'd be sorely tempted, especially as that salt glaze is into concrete.
The plastic pipe has a tiny bit of lateral movement. Could you scrape a little more cement out of the fillet, blow any dust away and then rub in a squirt of silicone with your finger? After all there will only be a little water splash in the collar.....
You could then consider some sort of paint treatment on the remaining cement, even employing tape such as Sylglas or whatever to keep things wholesome.
Anyway, I've said it - I know its not ideal, but I really feel for you with this one!! I'll stand back, waiting to be shot ;)
John :)

Sponsored Links
Good evening all.
Latest on the dodgy sewer pipe....

Put loo paper just below all three possible leak sources on the way up. None of them are leaking, so that is something.

I'm not into bodging things in any way, but if this was mine I'd be sorely tempted, especially as that salt glaze is into concrete.
The plastic pipe has a tiny bit of lateral movement. Could you scrape a little more cement out of the fillet, blow any dust away and then rub in a squirt of silicone with your finger? After all there will only be a little water splash in the collar.....
You could then consider some sort of paint treatment on the remaining cement, even employing tape such as Sylglas or whatever to keep things wholesome.

Getting tempted!

Unfortunately the right hand side of the cement doesn't seem to be drying out much more. It almost seems like water is soaking into it from the inside. Tho could be wrong, and it's just working its way out next to the pvc and soaking down.

The builder used a sealant around the boss that is smoothable and seems to set quite hard. It doesn't look a silicone sealant (or a standard one at least) as usually they feel rubbery afterwards. Any ideas what that could be ?
Would this be better than a silicone sealant?
And would silicone stick properly if the concrete is a bit damp still?

On a lighter note, builder says he'll be back for a look Thurs morn to collect a key to look at jobs. Fingers crossed! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back