Leaking connection between toilet pan and waste pipe...

I learned this 30.........years ago when i was an apprentice. Fitting a bathroom as a homer. Got bath in basin in went to get the pan, Ideal Std which came with an S or P outlet that had to be glued on with some type of resin. Read the instructions, it said mix adhesive and fix selected outlet to pan. ALLOW 24 HRS TO CURE :eek: wtf. Tried it and gave it an hour, lifted the pan and it fell off :oops:

On phone to tradesman "what do i do"
Got any denso in van
Yes
Wrap it with that.

Ended up wrapping the full roll around it

20 years later back fitting a new bathroom, denso was still holding fine.

I'll leave my horse at the gate :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No, Denso was always denso ...for bodging old plumbers ==Sylglas was a "Superior product for Glaziers.". :idea: ( seal /glass) on conservatory glaze bars etc. Bit deja vu, that. ;)

Ah my memory deceives me....I thought the 'glas' referred to the tape being made from fibreglass, and then covered with some disgusting goo.
I remember using it for sealing up cracks in corrugated iron roofs, years ago.
John :)

Sponsored Links
think they were both cloth based but the sylglas had a tin foil covering to look shiny over the glazing bars. Glaziers used superior products - then as they do now ;) . Actually there was a strip of denso over the crack in the WC bowl @ my gran`s outhouse :eek: This lead to my fascination with plumbing and my hatred of tight landlords ... they used to take 5 bob a week off gran :evil: No bathroom or hot water. Also Gran used to take copies of "the watchtower" off the Jehovas- and take out the staples and hang it in the loo :LOL: .. Country Life in the 60`s

think they were both cloth based but the sylglas had a tin foil covering to look shiny over the glazing bars. Glaziers used superior products - then as they do now ;) . Actually there was a strip of denso over the crack in the WC bowl @ my gran`s outhouse :eek: This lead to my fascination with plumbing and my hatred of tight landlords ... they used to take 5 bob a week off gran :evil: No bathroom or hot water. Also Gran used to take copies of "the watchtower" off the Jehovas- and take out the staples and hang it in the loo :LOL: .. Country Life in the 60`s
Don't give him a chance , he's got a big enough EGO as it is :eek:

I hope she never forgot to take out the staples. :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back