leaking gate pump valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope somone can help me with this . . . the valves on my central heating pump are leaking, not a major leak as yet, but must be happening for some time (see fungus in pic) . The pump is a Grundfos, and the valves only have a short nut with a slot for screwdriver. To make matters worse, it is behind the hot water cylinder, so you need to be a contortionist to get at it. Please see pic for valve type (and fungus just visible under pipework). Will I have to have these replaced, or is there an easy fix for these? Any advice would be most welcome. Picure is at link below
//www.diynot.com/network/Paulkildare/albums/

Sponsored Links
If you turn them slightly they may stop, but they are known to leak so replacement with the gate valve type is recommended.

Oh boy...those same valves are issued to us to use and all the engineers hate em, more so when we go to a job and see em fitted. Turn once and they leak.......permanently.

Drain down and replace em with gate valve type as has been suggested.

Sponsored Links
nothing wrong with them

as long as you dont turn them
rofl5.gif

Entire estate of houses built using these valves, and I know that mine aren't the only ones leaking . . .! Guess I will have to bite the bullet and replace . . .anyone know a circus with a few contortionists that are handy with a wrench!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back