Leaking male to male dishwasher inlet pipe extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post and I am a DIY novice so please be nice!

My other half tried to install a new dishwasher but discovered the cold water inlet pipe was too short. We were told by Hotpoint that if we removed the existing pipe and connected a new one (which requires a bit of unscrewing of the back of the dishwasher) our warranty would be made invalid. So, they suggested we get an extesion pipe.

We got a pipe and connected it (one end to under the sink and the other to the existing inlet pipe) using a male to male connector (sorry if my technical terms aren't up to much!). The dishwasher works works but the connection eaks.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? I have added a photo of the leaking part.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the dark pic, my phone doesn't have a light on it and my torch is broken (not going well so far!).

I'm not too sure what the connector is called but I can find out and get back to you. Any other information you need that might help?

Thanks.

It's ok, I'm a Flash git...:cool:
I think it's a 3/4" x 3/4" coupler. There should be a rubber washer about where each arrow head is. You might need to replace them or use thicker ones , or double up.

fredqz.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help everyone, it is much appreciated. We have put 2 washers in and it doesn't seem to work (so says the other half - it is still leaking). He said it just doesn't form a seal.

What would you all suggest? Should we keep putting washers in?

Thanks again for the help!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back