leaking oil pump

R

ringy1

I serviced a firebird super Q the other day upon servicing when i was doing my FGA and when i was adjusting my pump pressure oil started to leak out through the slot where you adjust the the pump pressure, so i told the householder pump needed replacing other wise the burner could not be set up properly. Has anyone came across this problem before and is there away of sorting the leak on the pump or is it just a case of replacing pump if this happens cause its a bit of a ****** servicing a boiler and then having to replace a pump that was working fine until you adjusted it, It does not make ya look good. Bear in mind this boiler is about 15 years old and was never serviced before :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Riello R40 Burner, there is a seal on the PRV adjustment, but you are going to be gauranteeing that it does not leak after you leave and cause an insurance claim against you, if the PRV seal is shot, be pretty certain that the pump has had it's day and fit a new one ;)

Sponsored Links
You can get a new pressure adjustment O ring, count the turns as you remove the adjustment screw, fit new O ring, screw in same amount and test/adjust. But as you say the pump may be past it.

I find when oil pumps are faulty or leaking just throw away and fit new one, not worth the time and hassle repairing. cleaning the fine filter in the pump is bout as far as i would go.

Ive had them leak after adjusting them during a service,any sign of a leak from an oil pump=grab a new one off the van and fit it.

Where can you get theses O ring for the PRV adjustment would my local plumbing supplier have them? and the O rings in the pump where the filter is i heard if you have to clean the filter in the pump you will have to replace the O ring there because they wont seal again after being opened

Where can you get theses O ring for the PRV adjustment would my local plumbing supplier have them? and the O rings in the pump where the filter is i heard if you have to clean the filter in the pump you will have to replace the O ring there because they wont seal again after being opened

There is a genuine part from Riello, check with your merchant. Or I would have thought that you could get yourself a selection box of 'O' rings (no ill store for the van), but make sure that they are Nitrile rubber, if not they are not resistant to kerosene.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back