Danfoss BFP oil pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing my third BFP 21 L3 oil pump this month.....and each one is leaking from the pressure adjusting port (4mm allen key). :eek:
New 'o' rings don't seem to be available - is this correct? :confused: Seems a bit over the top to fit a new pump just because of this.
Comments?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reminding me I had 1 last week but I nicked the screw and washer out of a stock item in van hoping I will order new one and replace it but I forgot to do it and now your telling me u can't get one :(

The bigger 'o' ring for the body casing is available (under the 4 allen screws), but its the smaller one over the pressure adjusting spindle thats giving me grief...often I can stop the leaks by turning the pressure adjustment screw to and fro but on the last few pumps the kerosene just pyssed out.

Have had the same on Riello pumps as well. What are the oil suppliers not telling us?

Sponsored Links
I can't work their pricing out.....Danfoss solenoid coil about £30. BFP filter about £15. makes the complete pump (£71 yesterday) pretty good value really as the solenoid and filter are included!
All I needed was one 'o' ring....cost around 0.02p.
The punter was delighted...the boiler (Trianco thing, Bentone burner) was sitting in a pool of kero and had done for a month. :eek: One drip every 20 sec and all he complained about was the pong.

I personally would not change a 2p O ring, how much could you charge the customer for that £30?? then a few days later the O ring lets go and oil damage occurs to the property - customer will hold you responsible so you inform your insurance Co who start asking questions about the origins of the 2p o ring etc ...and even if they agree to pay out it still leaves you with a £500 excess and if Vat reg you will be footing the Vat bill for the whole lot, I would prefer to fit a new pump parts and labour about £150+vat a Years gaurantee on the pump and the chance of trouble?...much reduced!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back