Leaking shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a shower cubicle and tray in the corner of the ensuite. I fitted the tray tightly to the wall on its frame and tiled down on top of the edge of the tray. I grouted the 1mm gap between the tiles and tray aand then smoothed a good quality silicone sealant over the top so I thought it would give two layers that are waterproof. Unfortunately, I can see a small leak (few drops) dripping down behind the side of the tray onto the floor. Fortunately, it isnt enough to drip onto the ceiling below but I realise that I must sort it out somehow. The rest of the tiles on both sides are secure and I have grouted neatly.

How can i get rid of the leak ? Is it a case of a thicker bead of silicone around the tile/tray border ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You need to be filling the joint with silicone rather than grout. Remove the silicone and scrape the grout out. Then re-apply the silicone again.

Sorry but I have tried removing the grout and have applied a good thick bead of silicone sealant. I left the shower for three days before using it and I am afraid that I am still getting the same leaks in the same places.

Do you think I should use epoxy grout ?

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back