leaking waste trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey,
I have fitted a bath for a customer and i have put the waste pipe on the bath and it was leaking from the top part connected under the bath and it is leaking i have even put some silicone on to see if that would stop it leaking and told the customer to leave it for 24 to 48 hours for the silicone to set and the customer used the bath and now its again leaking and they are saying its my fault any ideas on how to stop it leaking, and is it really my fault???

Sponsored Links
If you fitted it and it is leaking then it kinda points to something you have done wrong. It shouldn't need silicone anywhere near it. Check you have the washers in the right places and everything is nice and tight.

Did you throw away the useless rubber washer that fits between the chrome waste and the inside of the bath? Best to discard them straight away and use a bead of silicon around the top part of the thread. Let it all squidge out and wipe away with a cloth. Then silicon the underneath of the bath, the rubber washer, and under the back nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back