Leaking waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I’ve recently taken out and refitted a kitchen and this pipe is leaking from somewhere I didn’t expect, the bottom side where it connects to the pipe coming out from the ground - see below.

38C55F19-A977-457C-B1DB-68E2AA727C38.jpeg

What do I need to do to fix this, how do I take it apart and what seals it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I’d remove the push fit straight connector and the push fit elbow and replace with solvent weld joints. Much more reliable over time.

I’d remove the push fit straight connector and the push fit elbow and replace with solvent weld joints. Much more reliable over time.
The push fit pipe in the ground isn't suitable to solvent weld, you could use a compression fitting ,and from there solvent weld stuff.
All you really need to do is replace the leaking push fit coupler with a new one ,or a compression coupler instead.

Sponsored Links
Suspect you've disturbed the joint in the process, the rubber seals go hard over time and then leak if moved, even slightly. It's 'Push Fit' so will just pull apart. Be careful you don't disturb the joints on the bend unless you intend replacing that as well.

As Terry has suggested, replace with a 40mm Compression waste coupling, and I'd trim a fraction off the end of the horizontal section too, to take the strain off the trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back