Leaky pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently fitted a concealed grohe cistern (this one
https://www.grohe.co.uk/en_gb/rapid-sl-3-in-1-set-for-wc-0-82-m-installation-height-38773000.html) and am now fitting the wall hung pan (
https://www.rakceramics.com/us/en/b...k-resort-water-closet-rimless-wall-hung-52cm/), however after my first test flush I found water running out the bottom of the pan and I’m struggling to work out why.

I trimmed a very small amount off the pan connector which I’m now worried is too short however I put the pan in the bath and tipped a bucket of water into it and there was no obvious leak even when I wiggled the connector so it was loose.

I measured the distance between the inlet and outlet which is 130mm on the pan but looks to be closer to 135mm on the cistern so I’m thinking that this may be why, but 5mm doesn’t seem like much given the rubber linings on both.

I’m pretty sure it’s the outlet that’s leaking as when I took it off the top of the outlet connector and was dry and so was the inlet.

Sponsored Links
Has to be either the inlet or outlet.

The only thing with the inlet, it must be directly inline with the cistern, slightly to the left or right tends to causes leaks.

Next part, outlet. The joys of back to the wall toilets, keeping umpteen different connectors in a rubble sack to eventually get one to work. Trial and error.

Has to be either the inlet or outlet.

The only thing with the inlet, it must be directly inline with the cistern, slightly to the left or right tends to causes leaks.

Next part, outlet. The joys of back to the wall toilets, keeping umpteen different connectors in a rubble sack to eventually get one to work. Trial and error.
It was the inlet. I filled a bucket and tipped it in while it was mounted and there was no leak, but when I flushed it, it leaked again.

In case anyone else has a similar problem and was scouring the web like I was, I solved the problem by removing the pan, taking the inlet and outlet connectors off the wall, removing the rubber seals and drying everything out, put it all back together, regreased it, and refitted the pan.

The key difference though was the direction of the fins on the inlet piece. They folded one way more easily so when I put it back together I turned it around. Since then I've not had a dribble so i think it's sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back