Leaky Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone help......
I replaced the internal bits in the toilet with a fluid master flapper cause we are getting water leaking through the ceiling into our living room. Even after I've replaced the fittings negating the overflow pipe. I thought this had solved the problem but after 2days it has started coming through the ceiling again. I've turned the water inlet off at the toilet and it stopped straight away...Im new to owning a home and doing DIY...Any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Errrr the fluidmaster flapper would only let water from the cistern into the pan, not through the ceiling.....these things have an internal overflow anyway.
Check around the back of the pan for leaks to the floor there, and also between the cistern and the pan.
John :)

Yeah I thought it was the overflow to start with but by using the fluid flapper it negated the overflow..I've changed the pipe from the back of the toilet to the outlet and there is no leaks around the toilet. It must be in the internal wall or something, I didn't know if there was an easy check or I am going to have to call in a plumber

If alls dry around the pot itself, then I'm afraid its the outlet drain thats giving grief.....and that is a real bore, exposing the pipe. Its got to be done though! Are you sure the pan connector is tight to the pan and pushed well into the receiving pipe?
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back