Leaky washing mashine hose connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I found a puddle in my kitchen last night, which I tracked back to a dripping washing hose connection - where the hose screws into the washing machine tap.

Ideally I should probably replace the tap / hose I'm guessing, but the tap itself is in a very awkward position and is really difficult to get at, so I'd rather avoid this if at all possible.

Is there anything that you could recommend, or should I just bite the bullet and replace?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn off the water and see if the fittings are all tight.

Try to establish where the water is coming from - the hose; the joint of the hose to the tap; the tap, the spindle, or a joint in the copper pipe.

The joint with the copper pipe is ok, as is the tap. The water is leaking from the joint of the hose and the tap.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For a few pennies you could try changing the rubber washer in the hose connector, or even try turning the old washer over providing it doesn't look like something the dog has been playing with for a fortnight.

Once, on a tap which was awkward to get to, I could not get it to seal properly. I eventually found the washer had fallen out of the connector when I first fitted it, and it had disappeared off behind a kitchen unit :(

That's Newtons 5th law of gravity.... a falling object will cause the maximum possible amount of damage on the way down, and cone to rest in the most inaccessible place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back