Lean to from house...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l would like to put Clear corolux PVCu Corrugated Sheets from the side wall of my house across a 3ft passage down the side of the house and across my side putting doors at both sides to close it in but l have a boiler vent in line with the fall for the corolux sheets that would come off the shed and across to the wall any ideas how l could do this .
l was think of putting 3x2 wood just below the vent to bring it out then back up to the shed height and putting the sheets 3" out from the wall where l've raised it back up, but then l would have a gully.
What could l put in there to drain the water away , thinking of flashing tape in the wall and down into the built out wood.
1.Would the corolux be alright being close to the vent .
2.How could l cover the end of the end of the corolux wall side water tight.
3. Any other options or ideas would be great.

l have a drawing to give you some idea though it's not very good :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its not safe to do this. I think your two choices are either to install a new boiler away from this position or to forget the idea of the roofing.

Its not safe to do this. I think your two choices are either to install a new boiler away from this position or to forget the idea of the roofing.
Can you tell me why it's a no no then :confused: l say 3" out more like 5" l will build out.
Would/could the boiler fumes from the vent melt the corolux corrugated sheets.

Most likely, but you can't enclose a flue which is how your diagram suggests. I get a monthly gas magazine and there are always photos of situations where an inventive builder or diy-er has made their boiler dangerous.

Lets put it this way, if you did what you suggest and a gas engineer looked at it, they would have to disconnect the boiler. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Couldn't the boiler vent be raised up, above the roof line, by a vent pipe?

Most likely, but you can't enclose a flue which is how your diagram suggests. I get a monthly gas magazine and there are always photos of situations where an inventive builder or diy-er has made their boiler dangerous.

Lets put it this way, if you did what you suggest and a gas engineer looked at it, they would have to disconnect the boiler. :cry:
No , l think l may have explained this different to what you are thinking.
The boiler vent on the outside of the wall will still be in open air , because it's virtually in line with the fall l wanted to make l was going to drop below the vent a few inches with a length of wood along the wall then come out from the wall abit wider in length than the vent and back up to the shed height and run the sheet from there. So there would be a gully from wall the width of the wood built and raised back up leaving the vent outside the roof but it would still be near the corolux sheet on the outside...

thats very dangerous.
why not get a plumber with a gas safety cert to come round and have a look , most will do it for free and quote you on re-positioning the flue because thats the only way you will be able to do this properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back