Lean to Roof Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i everyone,

I wonder if anyone might be able to offer some assitance with sizing some timbers for me.

I am building a lean to roof to cover an outside terraced area. The design is as follows

4m(including 20cm overhang)x8.6m overall covered area
2 concrete posts (30cmx30cm)
I am planning to add a single large wood post in the center of the gap between the concrete posts.

The roof will be covered in shiplap timber and then tiles ontop.

Woudl you be able to give me some idea of what pitch the roof needs to be and the dimesions of the wood(rafters, wall plate etc).

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer

Sponsored Links
Guessing you are doing this in Portugal!

That is a big roof for a terrace and you need to get professional advice on the design as it will have some serious loadings!

The pitch of the roof will depend upon the type of tiles you use, so use the web to check up on the pitch for the ones you are thinking of. You may find the height required will be a big problem.

I have no idea of what building controls operate over there, but just make sure it is OK to even do it and don't end up having to pull it all down later.

Sponsored Links
Static, Many thanks for stopping someone else wasting their time.
Read the post again, and I think he is a wind up merchant. old un

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back