Lean to shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm planning to build a lean-to shed next to my house. The existing passage is already tight, so need to put the wall as close to the fence as possible. I can't really remove the fencing, so I'm struggling with coming up with a way to screw in the cladding after I put up the posts.
The options I could think of (none being ideal):
1) Construct the whole side, including the wooden cladding away, then move it to the final position. In principle sounds simple enough, but I worry that 4m wide, 2m high wall will be way too heavy to be lifted.
2) Construct the whole side away, but with a PVC cladding, making it much lighter when moving to final position. It's more expensive though, plus I'd need more poles to keep the cladding in place. Also, I'm not a big fan of PVC, but on the other hand will make it maintenance free.
3) Construct the poles, then put the cladding on the inside. Now this is the simplest thing to do, and I've seen it done in one place, but it feels like one bodge too far, honestly. I feel this will be a real eyesore, in particular for the neighbor.

Any suggestions based on past experience, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Assuming it slops towards the fence you will need around a 6" gap between side and fence to contain overhang gutter and possibly down pipe ??
also is the gap exactly parallel between house and fence ??

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back