Leaver Lemmings not brave enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
That’s just a headline. To read the actual story we must sign up and pay. Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't suppose you liked the Sunday Times article either. Put your head under the blankets.

"Michael Gove has pulled plans to publish a “watered down” version of the government’s Operation Yellowhammer no-deal Brexit contingency plans, after ministers decreed that the findings would still alarm the public.

Mr Gove, minister for no-deal planning, had been expected to publish extracts of the document on Tuesday as part of his efforts to prepare the UK for the possibility of Brexit taking place without an agreement on October 31. Government officials worked throughout the weekend overhauling the Operation Yellowhammer document, and Mr Gove had hoped to use the work to prove that he had a grip on potential no-deal problems.

But, on Monday, Mr Gove and fellow cabinet ministers decided to abandon Tuesday’s publication of the document. “The meeting didn’t go well,” said one person close to the meeting. “The whole thing was seen as far too pessimistic about no deal.”

Last month, the Sunday Times published a leak of Operation Yellowhammer that said Britain would face shortages of fuel, food and medicine and three months of chaos at its ports in the event of a no-deal exit. The file, marked “official sensitive”, warned that lorries might face delays of two and a half days at ports and medical supplies might be vulnerable “to severe extended delays”.

It also said the government had expected a return of a hard border in Ireland."

"Although officials working on the rewrite said the paper had been deliberately “neutralised” it was still seen as too gloomy for publication to the general public. The decision to pull publication was taken on Monday at a meeting of the so-called “XO cabinet committee” — charged with preparing for no deal — chaired by Mr Gove. “The whole thing was buried,” said one person briefed on the meeting."

But, on Monday, Mr Gove and fellow cabinet ministers decided to abandon Tuesday’s publication of the document. “The meeting didn’t go well,” said one person close to the meeting. “The whole thing was seen as far too pessimistic about no deal.”
Who was that person? The window cleaner? Tea lady? You?

Sponsored Links
There is no consensus on a plan. Even the voter intentions seem muddled. The country is split.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...g-intention-con-33-lab-22-lib-dem-21-brex-12-
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...-one-month-prime-minister-public-attitudes-to

I'm not convinced the conservatives could win enough seats to change anything and their lead in the polls is nowhere near enough. JC on the other hand would do his party a favour and stand down. How Labour can be so unpopular with this going on is beyond me.

But then today they announced right to buy for private rentals. Seems like a great tax spinner. someone buys a house as second property, does it up rents it out and then the tenant forces sale. stamp duty + stamp duty + stamp duty.

Right to buy is a strange one.

Can a government force the owner of a home to sell it to a tenant?

Yes, say the Conservatives.

Even at a price lower than its market value?

Yes, say the Conservatives

Even at a price lower than it costs to build replacement housing?

Yes, say the Conservatives

And can the owner be prevented from using the sale proceeds to build new rental accommodation?

Yes, say the Conservatives.

Ard they going go reverse forty years of policy and start saying "No?"

are you referring to council owned houses or talking b@llox?

But then today they announced right to buy for private rentals. Seems like a great tax spinner. someone buys a house as second property, does it up rents it out and then the tenant forces sale. stamp duty + stamp duty + stamp duty.

Johnson is promising 20,00 more police, big pay rises to education, increased stop and search, higher sentences -all stuff to get his voters on side -even though its rubbish.

And Labour come out with some carp idea on right to buy -which doesnt bear scrutiny.

Corbyn has to go and they need a new moderate leader (yes I know Corbyns policies are good etc etc) because Corbyn is considered a Marxist.

Labour need somebody as devious as Johnson -lie to the public to get the votes, then worry about reverting to their core policies once in office. Labour need a left wing Dominic Cummings.

That is the problem with Labour -they dont strategise winning an election.

Labour need somebody as devious as Johnson -lie to the public to get the votes, then worry about reverting to their core policies once in office.
I hear Tony Blair has offered to advise on that. I mean, the man was a bloody genius, he certainly pulled the wool over the eyes of the traditional labour voter. Still, he’s done ****ing well for himself personally hasn’t he? Labour leader. Whoda thunk it? Jezza sees that and thinks “Yeah, I’d have some of that”. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...vealed-Tony-Blair-worth-a-staggering-60m.html

I hear Tony Blair has offered to advise on that. I mean, the man was a bloody genius, he certainly pulled the wool over the eyes of the traditional labour voter. Still, he’s done ****ing well for himself personally hasn’t he? Labour leader. Whoda thunk it? Jezza sees that and thinks “Yeah, I’d have some of that”. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/po...vealed-Tony-Blair-worth-a-staggering-60m.html
The Blair government achieved quite a lot for the UK

Blairs personsl fortune has nothing to do with it.

Corbyn has no interest in wealth so you are spouting garbage.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back