Led driver replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can anyone let me know where I can get a replacement driver for the attached please?

It is from a 24 watt Sylvania Led ceiling light.
Can’t seem to find the same output ratings

Attachments

• 921CC564-E359-4DCD-8020-8DADD60B391B.jpeg
    921CC564-E359-4DCD-8020-8DADD60B391B.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 2,726
Sponsored Links
Before I went ahead and purchased a new driver I thought it best to check the old one. I get around 86 volts dc output from the driver. The LED’s however are flashing. Would this indicate the LED’s are at fault?
I don’t have a dv power supply that puts out 80 volts to test the LED’s.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to say that I do not know.
I guess (but not sure) that that could show up for either being at fault.
Sfk

I don’t have a dv power supply that puts out 80 volts to test the LED’s.

To test the LEDs you would need a power supply that provided a controlled current of 270 mA.

The driver drives this controlled current through the LEDs. Applying a voltage to the LEDs without controlling the current will result in un-controlled current flowing through the LEDs and the high probability of the LEDs being destroyed,

I have several of these in rental bathrooms and each fitting has failed.

However as you have tested and found out its not the driver, it's always 2 of the LED's. I find it's quite easy to measure round the 3 or 4 segments with a meter to find the 2 dead LEDs and then solder bridge across them.

If you are confident to fault find on a live unit and have a soldering iron then have a go. The only difficulty is pricking through the white paint to make the tests.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back