LED Light Flashing

Yes it is when switched on. Usually they are fine for 10-15 minutes. I have had the covers off for a while now so that hasn’t helped.

I may try some new bulbs then. At least that would hopefully rule out one potential issue.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried reversing the tube from end to end, is there any markings on the tube regarding the supply end

Yes I did. They don’t seem to be labelled with a specific end, but yes have tried both ways.

The only thing then that i can suggest is someone testing the voltage at the fitting, some tubes like that are only rated at 220 to 240 volt a lower voltage could affect there operation, it seems unlikely, to have 2 faulty tubes, unless as Eric says the heat has affected them, though it appears that the fitting and tubes are compatible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the advice. I have just ordered one new bulb, not too much wasted if it doesn’t work. I’ll also try get hold of a voltage tester to see it measure at the fitting.

New bulb did not fit, despite being (apparently) the right size.

I will try get the voltage tested then see where to go from there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back