led lighting in a vivaro van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys not sure if anyone can help me with this . iv decided to fit some led lights inside the rear of my van. iv take the existing interior light out and connected the leds to two of the cables but there is a third wire connected up to the old light and im not sure if i should be doing something with it. any help or advice is appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Some interior lights don’t have a permanent live but are fed with an auto cancelling mode - therefore your led lamps won’t always work.
However, if you have a permanent live by all means use it, include a switch and create a separate earth.
If there isn’t a permanent live, go back to the battery, incorporate a 5 amp fuse and run wires through the cab to the load bay.
John :)

I have a 3rd wire as that goes off to feed another light.
Best test what's what with cheap multi meter.
I just fixed small plastic trunking to the roof then stuck the led strip to that as roof gets wet in winter and very hot in summer.
Also run another cable inside trunking for a side light..

thanks guys , the new leds are working ok and they go off after about five minutes which is fine . the thing that i dont understand is when i open the front doors to the cab the rear leds come on for five minutes as well.
as i was saying im not sure if i should be doing something with the third wire that was on the existing light

Sponsored Links
I have ford connect and cab and rear (van back) leds come on together. They are as one.. Also times out after 20mins which is a pain sometimes as have to shut doors and lock/unlock to get lights to come on.
Van has active electrical system for 20mins then sleeps so must be a battery saver...

Also put led in cab light and door centre break light and number plate light.

The cab light I just shoved off cut of led strip in. Thinking of doing same for centre break light which is a bit dim with led bulbs even though I soldered and glued 2 together..

Not legal to swap other bulbs so left them

Back