Light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im after a bit of advice please and if you can save me calling a sparky out I'll buy you a drink iv fitted a few lights in my time as they normally come with the blocks already connected but iv never seen nothing like this one and the instructions are shocking it has 4 wires coming off each light 2 live 2 neutral how would I go about wiring this up? I'm swapping it out for a normal light pendant.. any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20230711_150334.jpg
    20230711_150334.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG-20230711-WA0027.jpeg
    IMG-20230711-WA0027.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
Like colours together and also keep the green/yellow connected to the metalwork.
You'll need a 3-way chocbloc.

Sponsored Links
You'll need a 3-way chocbloc.

It could be a bit of a struggle, getting 6 separate wires reliably into one terminal. I would go for a 7-way, to make life easier - linking them as LNE, LN, LN along one side, then you only need two wires of each colour, into the other side.

The light I got the lines and neutrals were already together using a tube nut type connector, although crimped. It allows you to wire each lamp independently if you want. I fitted a relay DSC_6062_1.jpg seen here testing before I put it up, so I can select one lamp, four lamps or five lamps. Today I would not do it again, I would simple use smart bulbs.

But it gives you the option should you want to.

In the main we keep to 3 wires in any connector, so as @Harry Bloomfield says, two blocks per colour may be the way to go. Not sure how much room you have, may be better to use crimps as they take up less space.
1689158888153.png
these take up less space and are normally fitted by the manufacturer before you get the lamp.

Berty,
Not a wring suggestion from me,.
- But a question about the lamp before you get too deep in.

Did the lkampo come with components to atatch it to teh ceiling??
There should be a flat metal bar with two raised tags (Sort of wide shallow U shaped) with a screw hole in each of the raised tags.
Tihs goes on the ceiling (replacing the current white ceiling rose) and the lamp attaches to it.

Do you have this metal bar and two screws?

SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back