wiring for 2 pendants and switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing a pair of pendant light fittings with WAGO connectors that were delivered with the lights.

At one pendant location there are 2 cables and at the other there is one.

Where there are two cables I have connected the two brown wires together. Of the two blues I understand that one is the neutral and the other is the switched live. I have connected those up to the new light.

On the other pendant I have just connected live to live, neutral to neutral and earth to earth.

The lights come on but at half brightness. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

It may be that I've done the switch wrongly. In the switch there are 2 cables. One of them was already wrapped up in tape and is not live. The one cable is just wired up to the switch as per the instructions.

Help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
From what you describe, it would seem that all the blue wires are neutral and the brown is the switched live.

Draw a diagram and it will become clear.

So, at the ceiling (old colours) -
wall-lights.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back