LED Lights for rented property (HMO)

The BA22d-3 will make it hard to replace with ...
Only as hard as replacing the pendant socket with a standard one :whistle: I bet not many of them get left as "special" sockets once the lamp needs replacing and the "faulty" lampholder won't take any of the spares the owner has.

Sponsored Links
Only as hard as replacing the pendant socket with a standard one :whistle: I bet not many of them get left as "special" sockets once the lamp needs replacing and the "faulty" lampholder won't take any of the spares the owner has.
The same could be said about any of the attempts to force people to do what the government thinks best, it is rare the extractor fan is ever switched on in our wet room. And it seems there are moves to stop the production of unrepairable appliances, be it a light fitting where you can't replace the bulb, or a TV where you can't replace the screen.

EEB said:
On December 10, the EU’s 28 Member States agreed on a new set of manufacturing laws to make fridges and freezers more easily repairable and longer-lasting. The vote was the first of its kind for Europe.

Today 10th Jan 2019 it's Washing machines review.

Not sure about the pro's and con's as likely costs more to be able to repair with screws rather than glue used. I like the idea of the GX53 lamp, £8 for holder and £5 for lamp so total £13 which is actually cheaper than many of the Integrated LED types. And it means when the LED fails, it does not require an electrician to change it. The bulbs seem available, but the holders seem to be Amazon and like only. So why don't we use them?
6190ff1mAoL._SL1000_.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back