led lights on a track light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at putting a 240v light track + spot lights in a long thin kitchen and these low energy bulbs might be what I need. Most of the tracks appear to limit power to 200w ie 4x50w bulbs. If I use energy efficient bulbs can I have 6 or maybe 7 lights?

Cheers

Antony

your post has been split, please note forum rule 20

Sponsored Links
yes, if you use 11w lamps, you can use about 18 of these, though check with the manufacturer if you wish to keep any warranty associated with the item.

Is the track for halogen?

If so, the GU10 fluorecents are still very expensive. LEDs have yet to prove themselves in terms of brightness!

Though i do recommend the GU10 fluorescents, they are VERY good, much better light than standard fluorescents.

I was planning to use conventional halogen bulbs but hadn't really considered the number and power of the lights. Now that the kitchen is installed I reckon I need around 7 lights over a 3m length and was a bit suprised to arrive at nearly 400w since their is insufficient spare capacity on the lighting circuit for this amount. Hence fluorecent lights.

Prevoiusly we had two ceiling lights in the kitchen but these were wired with rubber wire within a flat roof. The wire to one light was replaced with new wiring but now the only way to get light to the far end of the roof is via a track or having trunking along ceiling.

I will try and have a look on the internet for a suitable track system and lights that will please the wife.

Thanks

Antony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back