LED plinth lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 LED plinth lights left over from my kitchen install and have put them in some decking outside - I now have no driver for these 3 remaining LED's.

I have a 12v Constant voltage driver I could use for these or a standard 60va 12v halogen spot driver/trany - which is best, if any!!

Sponsored Links
I have 3 LED plinth lights left over from my kitchen install and have put them in some decking outside - I now have no driver for these 3 remaining LED's.

I have a 12v Constant voltage driver I could use for these or a standard 60va 12v halogen spot driver/trany - which is best, if any!!

NOT the standard 12V transformer.
You'll need the proper constant current, or constant voltage driver thet the LED manufacturer specifies.

Read this to find out what happens if you get it wrong //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=220129

Do you have any more information about the kit? At TTC said, it isn't really a good idea to try and mix 'n' match different parts. However, if the lights happen to incorporate a series current limiting resistor for the LED, it may be possible to run them from a standard DC power supply of the correct voltage.

A photo of the transformer you have installed in the kitchen would probably be helpful. I suspect it isn't constant current, as that would imply all the LEDs being wired in series, making it difficult to not have used all of those that were included in the kit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back