LED Sleeper lights / patio / SWA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to lay a patio, and already have a 1.5mm t&e (not connected inside) coming out of the house wall. I want to run this supply under the patio, to a set of those little LED recessed decking lights in some sleepers. I was planning to bring SWA out of a JB on the house wall, down under the patio, but when bringing it back out of the ground on the far side, not sure what the options are without fitting an external socket somewhere, as I think these lights tend to come with an integral LED driver plug. Can't really fit a socket, as it's at ground/lawn level at that point. Anyone done something similar before, and know a sensible way?

Sponsored Links
yeah I was thinking that, but I'd probably have to put a dedicated chunky post into the ground to mount it on, as there's no actual wall or anything at that point as it's where the lawn starts. Also having a 13A socket fed from a switched light feed probably isn't great - I want these to come on with the existing outside wall/security lights

Sponsored Links
Thanks, sounds good. Reckon there’s much risk of the conduit filling with water? Worth including any drain holes or just try and keep both ends siliconed up? I guess as long as I can make it all replaceable it doesn’t matter so much.

I think these lights tend to come with an integral LED driver plug

Impossible to give the best advice until the type of lamp is known.

I would select lamps that operate on 12 volt and supply them with that 12 volts from a power supply installed inside the house.

Thanks, sounds good. Reckon there’s much risk of the conduit filling with water? Worth including any drain holes or just try and keep both ends siliconed up? I guess as long as I can make it all replaceable it doesn’t matter so much.

Flexi conduit can be glanded into enclosures, using suitable glands, to make it weathertight. Silicone is horrible....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back