Leeds what a surprise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent a few days in Leeds this week have to say I was pleasantly surprised I'd never been before and was thinking the worst. Some very nice buildings mix of old and new that sit very well together. unusually clean for a city, at least what we saw of it was. Some great restaurants too shame about the Becks though :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What part of Leeds was that? They must be keeping it separate for royal visitors ;)

Think I prefer Camelot down Chorley way for a bit of jousting ;)

Sponsored Links
What part of Leeds was that? They must be keeping it separate for royal visitors ;)

Mainly the Hilton :LOL: I'm guessing we saw the best it had to offer :LOL: I reckon you could spend a week there no trouble theres plenty to do as LGM said.

Ah the old Southern preconceptions :)

I remember when I was in the Army as a sprog inviting my new found southern friends home on Leave to my mums in Leeds.
Oh it's all flat caps and whippets , was the response.
Come on Lads you will love it.
It nearly backfired as the train up went past seemingly evey pit head , spoil heap and brick terrace on its way through South Yorkshire but we eventually arrived in Leeds and I could tell my new southern Jessie friends were impressed with the number of homes with electricity and inside toilets.
Seriously though Leeds is just the same as any city and has been for a while it's just a shame you didn't manage to go another 25mins further North where Harrogate previously crowned the best place in the coutry to live resides. My adopted home town of 10yrs.. With its genteel Spa town ambience and the Yorkshire Dales on the doorstep. Heaven.

Spent a few days in Leeds this week have to say I was pleasantly surprised I'd never been before and was thinking the worst. Some very nice buildings mix of old and new that sit very well together. unusually clean for a city, at least what we saw of it was. Some great restaurants too shame about the Becks though :rolleyes:

It's pretty good innit.

As long as you don't stray too far south of the city centry you'll be fine :D

Where abouts were you OOI?

Some of us Northerners have managed to buy one of those motor cars too. Strange things but I'm sure we'll grasp the concept at some point.

On a separate note, do you realise that icon in your signature line doesn't work RF?

Aww, you missed the delights of Gipton.

Some of us Northerners have managed to buy one of those motor cars too. Strange things but I'm sure we'll grasp the concept at some point.

On a separate note, do you realise that icon in your signature line doesn't work RF?

I sees it..

On a seperate note, have been told that I have upset you, have I?

Sponsored Links
Back