letter

B

breezer

I recieved a letter today addressed to me.(only just opened it)

It was asking to state who i am, and where do i live.

what that all about?

Sponsored Links
Your post arrives early.

Many people have to wait until the late morning these days before the postman calls.

I recieved a letter today addressed to me.(only just opened it)

It was asking to state who i am, and where do i live.

what that all about?

I'm sworn to secrecy Breezer,,,, sorry,,, I can't tell you, unless you tell me first,, who you are and where you live,,, ya see,, it's a New Labour thing.. Shhhhh.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Received this classic at work. :D

is this the right address? :rolleyes:

Unfcukingbelieveable :eek:

1-24.jpg

It seems perfectly plausible that Royal Mail should want to make sure their database is as accurate as possible, and that it should ask its customers to make it so. Post can be delivered successfully when inaccurately addressed, but that must reduce efficiency.

If the address shown is accurate you need take no further action, so I don't see where the problem lies.

Post can be delivered successfully when inaccurately addressed, but that must reduce efficiency.
But what is the point of RM's database? They aint the only ones that ever send letters, what about the others that send me letters? They aren't all going to go and check RM's database to check the address is correct are they? :confused: I dont see the point of their database. Its not going to improve efficiency, IMO. How would it?

It seems perfectly plausible that Royal Mail should want to make sure their database is as accurate as possible, and that it should ask its customers to make it so. Post can be delivered successfully when inaccurately addressed, but that must reduce efficiency.

If the address shown is accurate you need take no further action, so I don't see where the problem lies.

I once received a letter addressed Mike Jackson, Hastings. I was most impressed with the efficiency of the post office. Mind you I don't suppose it would have happened if my name was John smith.

Mike

But what is the point of RM's database? They aint the only ones that ever send letters, what about the others that send me letters? They aren't all going to go and check RM's database to check the address is correct are they? :confused: I dont see the point of their database. Its not going to improve efficiency, IMO. How would it?
you are wrong
yes many of them do. you can get commercial packages that quality-check addresses against the PAF (postcodes address file) and you can also check them yourself on the website, one at a time, and print an address label if you like (it's free).

try "SW1A 1AA" on here
http://postcode.royalmail.com/porta...tId=400145&pageId=pcaf_a_search&gear=postcode
you might have to register
start with "personal customers" tab then "sending" "postcode finder" "find an address"

If your address is correct you take no action, they take no action so all is well.

If your address is incorrect you don't receive the letter, you do not respond to the letter, they take no action so all is well ;)

you are wrong
yes many of them do. you can get commercial packages that quality-check addresses against the PAF (postcodes address file) and you can also check them yourself on the website, one at a time, and print an address label if you like (it's free).
Well tell this to all the people that send letters to my store thinking its on Ardwick road. Its on Adwick road. :evil:

Then again I suppose this is a company head office issue, since its only the company post that says Ardwick road. Idiots. I could train a monkey to run their store databases better.

Same company that reads the postcode WF9 as WF19. An error that has caused us many, many missed and late deliveries. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back