Leveling concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My garage has a sloping floor towards the door, but I would like to level this out as I only use garage for storage.

If I screed the lot, this will be above the door threshold. Can I use a concrete planer to cut the concrete back, to then self-level over the top?

Sponsored Links
Planing concrete is not like planing wood.

It is noisy, invasive, dusty and does not leave the concrete smooth. You will probably wish you had never started.

Do you ever intend selling your house to mebbe someone who would like to have it back as a garage?

Planing concrete is not like planing wood.

It is noisy, invasive, dusty and does not leave the concrete smooth. You will probably wish you had never started.

Do you ever intend selling your house to mebbe someone who would like to have it back as a garage?

What would you suggest is the best way? Of course I would add a floor finish, whether its painted after using a levelling compound or lay tiles.

House will not be sold, when its becomes too small I'm hoping to hang onto it and put it on rent, but that's a long time away. Garage really isn't big enough to used as a garage. It still has doors on the front so can be accessed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back