Levelling on wall plate

If he's 70,it means he was 8 when he started on the trowel. Might needs to brush upon your maths a bit LL :LOL:

grow up you fool and stop posting pointless replys,,,your better off flexing in the mirror to make yourself feel a big man because it isnt working here

ive noticed there seems to be abit of a love circle on this forum and you my friend are on your knees in front of the others

ive given an answer to the op which has helped the guy out,,,,,,whats your problem???????

Sponsored Links
laying a wall plate to a string line is definatly the correct method of doing it arguing it isnt shows a distinct lack of thought before flapping the jaw however
when your on site doing pricework and are constantly thinking about making your wage things do get overlooked and if theres a quick way to do something then its getting done that way it is all about the £££ these days building sites are nothing more than out door factorys these days and sadly a lot of the skills and finer parts of the trade are being lost its all line jockeys and head scratchers.
I spent 7 years carrying the monkey before i picked up the trowel back when hoddies were hoddies not bucket carriers started at the bottom of the ladder so to speak 1 of the best lessons ive had if not the hardest.

ive given an answer to the op which has helped the guy out,,,,,,whats your problem???????
Advising the O.P. to bed a piece of timber, no matter what shape it's in is bad advice. In particlar when you tell him to shape your mortar to the timber!!!

I'd be interested to hear your version of how a 'joiner' would get over humps and hollows in a wall plate. I'd like the roof trusses version and the cut roof version please.

Sponsored Links
Advising the O.P. to bed a piece of timber, no matter what shape it's in is bad advice. In particlar when you tell him to shape your mortar to the timber!!!

I'd be interested to hear your version of how a 'joiner' would get over humps and hollows in a wall plate. I'd like the roof trusses version and the cut roof version please.

did i advise him or tell him to shape mortar to the timber?,,no,,,,if you care to read again you will see i gave a quick story about twisted timber which in some cases we have to bed on with large mortar joints

the op was concerned about not being able to work on a 25mm joint,,,,,,i gave him an answer based on years of experience working on mortar the next day

you can pull all the building regs and clever remarks out your hat but at the end of the day theres more than one way to do things,,,,,,,just because you seem to do everything by the book doesnt make others wrong,,,,,,,,,,i earn my money,,you earn yours,,peace out

did i advise him or tell him to shape mortar to the timber?,,no,,,,if you care to read again you will see i gave a quick story about twisted timber which in some cases we have to bed on with large mortar joints
I have just re-read it and it said....
alot of 4x2 that gets delivered on site is bent like bananas so the mortar joint varies from 10mm-40mm

I can't see where it says 'twisted', where it infers 'twisted' or any particular reason why a mortar bed ranging from 10mm - 40mm would indicate anything other than bent.

you can pull all the building regs and clever remarks out your hat but at the end of the day theres more than one way to do things,,,,,,,just because you seem to do everything by the book doesnt make others wrong,,,,,,,,,,i earn my money,,you earn yours,,peace out
Your advice about working on a bedded plate the next day was ok. It is the other blarney folks get concerned about, especially if the advice is neither believable or practical.

Irrespective of how you do things, whether they are tricks of the trade or by the book, ALL relevant works need to adhere to building reg's.

However, poor quality building practices are unfortunately not part of B.C remit. You can deliver pi$$ poor quality building work and still adhere to reg's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back