Lidi Or Aldi Angle Grinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lidi Or Aldi Angle Grinder Mains Power

Anybody have one or used on of this brand ?

I think they both have a 3 year guarantee.

I have claimed on two of Lidi products and they were excellent,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Used a 5" one my neighbour had.

Great piece of kit for the money tbh.
Just don't expect industrial reliability and serviceability for domestic pricing.

I have the Lidl one, cordless, seems ok, but not as good as a mains one.

Sponsored Links
I think they both sell tools made by Einhell. One of them branded as Parkside.

Cheap, mass market but not terrible.

If you ever find two similar ones are different weights, choose the heavier as there a chance that it has a metal bearing or gear instead of a plastic one.

Some spare parts can be ordered online from Einhell

Einhell tools are sold under their own brand name in Toolstation and Wickes.

A few days ago, I bought an ALDI angle grinder from the local ALDI shop, and it is excellent.
What I liked about it was the speed control. My 12 year old Argos angle grinder has no speed control, and was only good for cutting materials. It still works great.

The ALDI angle grinder can now sand, polish and cut materials as well with the speed control. It is well made, and the price was good - £ 19.99
Only negative thing was it had no case, and came in a cardboard box. But cannot complain at the price, good value for money.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I bought an ALDI angle grinder from the local ALDI shop, and it is excellent.
What I liked about it was the speed control. My 12 year old Argos angle grinder has no speed control, and was only good for cutting materials. It still works great.

The ALDI angle grinder can now sand, polish and cut materials as well with the speed control. It is well made, and the price was good - £ 19.99
Only negative thing was it had no case, and came in a cardboard box. But cannot complain at the price, good value for money.

£ 24:99 on line as they don't have this in our store at the moment.

Trying to check if this or/and the Lidi have a metal gearbox.

£ 24:99 on line as they don't have this in our store at the moment.

Trying to check if this or/and the Lidi have a metal gearbox.

yeah, it was written on the box £24.99 reduced to ==> £19.99
It must had been further reduced item in the local branch.

The grinder runs very smooth, and joy to work on any material.

If I had a choice, I think Aldi are a bit above Lidl?
I have bought tools from both and have no complaints.
Don’t expect pro level standards but for a diy use, where annual use would be a week in pro use, why spend more?

also look at Screwfix own brand - not as good a guarantee through. But they do generally just give you a new one if it breaks and their system records your purchase so no paper receipt to lose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back