Aldi's batteries for their power tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew! So I'm off the hook.

When I bought two (Lidl) cordless tools I bought four batteries and two chargers, on the basis that the batteries will eventually die. Also if I only had one charger then if it stops working, for whatever reason, then all of the kit would be useless.

Since then I have bought a couple more tools that use the same batteries.

We only have mains power c. half way down the garden, and from there my longest extension lead would stretch to the bottom of the garden, but only in the middle. If I needed to get to either bottom corner of the garden I needed to use two extension leads.

That or a battery powered tool? I know which I would chose.
So you bough 2 of this and 4 of that and one of other when all you needed was an all in one 240v tool for a 10th of the price plus an extension lead
Yep mains power again all round!

Sponsored Links
And then you have a lead snaking round everywhere, causing a trip hazard, and getting snagged on/trapped in stuff when you're trying to make a nice straight cut or move to the next work location etc

I appreciate some of the benefits, and I own some corded tools, but there are plenty of scenarios where the cost of cheaping out isn't worth it.

Did you read the page that said batteries would be on sale on Sunday?

Did you go to Aldi on Sunday to buy one?

Or are you an idiot?

Apparently the answers are

Yes

No

Yes.

Sponsored Links
So you bough 2 of this and 4 of that and one of other when all you needed was an all in one 240v tool for a 10th of the price plus an extension lead
Yep mains power again all round!
So how would the "one 240V tool" do the four different jobs that my tools will do?

And how much would a 100 metre (or more) extension lead cost? As that is what I would need to get power from my house to the corner of my garden.

And if it is "mains power again all round" why is that you
bough from Aldi's a Ferrex cordless angle grinder

I appreciate some of the benefits, and I own some corded tools, but there are plenty of scenarios where the cost of cheaping out isn't worth it.
Earlier this week I was using a drill whilst up a ladder. A cordless one. I have used coded power tool when up a ladder and the risks of catching the flex are always a problem. And minimising that by moving the flex around repeatedly makes the job take lots longer.

You can actually get wireless extension leads these days, they work suprisingly well.
Think it works by bluetooth or something

2-gang-plastic-empty-cable-reel-drum-50m.jpg

My local haunt is a Lidl but happened to drive past a local(ish) Aldi today so thought I'd pop in for a lookaround, couldn't resist taking a snap.
That doesn't prove they have them at the OP's store. It'd more convincing if you went to the OP's store and took a snap there.

That doesn't prove they have them at the OP's store. It'd more convincing if you went to the OP's store and took a snap there.
Better still, if they'd gone in on the day it had been announced they'd go on sale

Only an idiot would fail to do that.

Better still, if they'd gone in on the day it had been announced they'd go on sale

Only an idiot would fail to do that.
Do you really want to buy something that's selling once a blue moon? My plan is better, dump the piece of carp and be happy.

Like the OP, I also needed a grinder recently. It was cheap from B&Q and the job was completed on the same day as the purchase. It cut bricks like butter.

angle-grinder.png

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back