Aldi's batteries for their power tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I don't think it's right to treat people as idiots because they made a mistake. Batteries are a common trap some manufacturers use as an exploitation. This allows them to terminate the usability of a device at a moment of their choosing. This is why I avoid battery devices. If I must get something with battery, I treble check to ensure the batteries are a commonly available standard.

I would suggest the OP throw away the piece of junk and get a corded one. It would likely to be cheaper than buying batteries. This also reduces risk of lithium battery fire burning the house down.

This allows them to terminate the usability of a device at a moment of their choosing. This is why I avoid battery devices. If I must get something with battery, I treble check to ensure the batteries are a commonly available standard.

Each manufacturer uses different batteries, as any sensible person would expect. The idea being to tie you in to buying their range of drills, grinders and etc.. The OP's complaint is not at all valid, because though the batteries are not always on sale at Aldi, they quite frequently are available. Even if not for sale at the time needed, there are other sources.

I would suggest the OP throw away the piece of junk and get a corded one. It would likely to be cheaper than buying batteries. This also reduces risk of lithium battery fire burning the house down.

Battery powered is very useful, especially so for a quick job - versus the possible alternative of spending much more time getting corded item out, plus extension leads, for a job which could be done in two minutes with a battery powered.

What is now obvious, is that the OP simply started this thread as a wind up.

Surely only an idiot would buy a device without a battery?
Phew! So I'm off the hook.

When I bought two (Lidl) cordless tools I bought four batteries and two chargers, on the basis that the batteries will eventually die. Also if I only had one charger then if it stops working, for whatever reason, then all of the kit would be useless.

Since then I have bought a couple more tools that use the same batteries.

Battery powered is very useful, especially so for a quick job - versus the possible alternative of spending much more time getting corded item out, plus extension leads
We only have mains power c. half way down the garden, and from there my longest extension lead would stretch to the bottom of the garden, but only in the middle. If I needed to get to either bottom corner of the garden I needed to use two extension leads.

That or a battery powered tool? I know which I would chose.

I found out today that my local aldi has the batteries available round the back all along, didnt put them out as too many were being stolen. Just have to ask and someone gets you the number requested!

We only have mains power c. half way down the garden, and from there my longest extension lead would stretch to the bottom of the garden, but only in the middle. If I needed to get to either bottom corner of the garden I needed to use two extension leads.

Similar here, except during the early years after moving in, I added several outdoor sockets scattered around the place, to avoid needing long extensions. There is not so much need now, as there originally was, and yesterday I happened to notice one I'd installed, but since forgotten about. The most regularly used ones, are the one alongside my drive, and the one located at towards the rear of my drive for caravan charging.

Did you read the page that said batteries would be on sale on Sunday?

Did you go to Aldi on Sunday to buy one?

Or are you an idiot?
I was in my usual Aldi on tuesday, no batteries for sale!

Deadly deadly serius; There going to be a few #### terminated from this fake %%%%%

I don't think it's right to treat people as idiots because they made a mistake. Batteries are a common trap some manufacturers use as an exploitation. This allows them to terminate the usability of a device at a moment of their choosing. This is why I avoid battery devices. If I must get something with battery, I treble check to ensure the batteries are a commonly available standard.

sadly I need to use it in places away from mains power. otherwise i would use my Makita 4 1/4"

Each manufacturer uses different batteries, as any sensible person would expect. The idea being to tie you in to buying their range of drills, grinders and etc.. The OP's complaint is not at all valid, because though the batteries are not always on sale at Aldi, they quite frequently are available. Even if not for sale at the time needed, there are other sources.

Battery powered is very useful, especially so for a quick job - versus the possible alternative of spending much more time getting corded item out, plus extension leads, for a job which could be done in two minutes with a battery powered.

What is now obvious, is that the OP simply started this thread as a wind up.
240V power tools are much better and reliable should you have access to mains power
So I would advice anyone in this situation to go with mains and not some mass corp scam they can rip you off on when the batterys fail
Bit like a laptop vs a PC I guess, but no one seams to notice no one seams to care, they just go on and on year on year after year being screwed by the same people behind all of this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back