Lifelike droids, AI etc ...

If the AI became sufficiently advanced why would it want to talk to us?

This is a significant problem that is yet to be resolved.

Essentially AI will reach human level intelligence and then surpass it so quickly that we can only really hope to tag along for the ride - it might be extremely good, it might be extremely bad!
There's a wider debate to be had there but possibly not on a DIY forum :)

I imagine if AI ever reaches that level of maturity, there will be options available (within solutions packaged for the masses) to 'limit' its intelligence e.g. IQ bands or similar. Could be fun. Dial it down when you don't want to be intellectually challenged, dial it up when you do.

Sponsored Links
It will happen sooner than you think, the problem is how quickly it can improve itself once it reaches the point it can do that.

A survey of hundreds of scientists in the field were asked about when they believed we’d be more likely than not to have reached a general AI and the median was... 2040.

A survey of hundreds of scientists in the field were asked about when they believed we’d be more likely than not to have reached a general AI and the median was... 2040.
I seem to remember that a similar survey among scientists in the 1970’s that reached a conclusion that by the year 2000 we'd be eating a pill for our breakfast, lunch and dinner and holidaying on the moon.

Or the nose starts running.....
A creepy old man goes into a brothel.
He doesn't have much money, so asks for the cheapest on the 'menu'.
He finds he still doesn't have enough even for nastiest old whore, so he asks if there is anything available for what he has since he is desperate.
On inspecting his pocket full of change, the owner takes pity and says 'well you can have a doll if you'd like'
The creepy old man goes upstairs, but comes back down saying that indeed it's nose is running.

The owner then bellows out, 'Steven, number two needs emptying'!

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember that a similar survey among scientists in the 1970’s that reached a conclusion that by the year 2000 we'd be eating a pill for our breakfast, lunch and dinner and holidaying on the moon.
I agree there's a bit of tomorrow's world around much of this. However whilst the actual timescales are probably open to discussion, I think AI will continue to be developed and at some point in the future, we will be able to hold a proper conversation with a computer.

He finds he still doesn't have enough even for nastiest old whore, so he asks if there is anything available for what he has since he is desperate.
"" Ethal..grease the cat's arße""

There's a wider debate to be had there but possibly not on a DIY forum :)

I imagine if AI ever reaches that level of maturity, there will be options available (within solutions packaged for the masses) to 'limit' its intelligence e.g. IQ bands or similar. Could be fun. Dial it down when you don't want to be intellectually challenged, dial it up when you do.
My uncle spends his days talking to Alexa..so I do not think the borg for company for lonely people is that far off.

Who remembers 'Space 1999'?

Andy

In my line of work its all about AI. And ill tell you now its way way advanced already.

If you're interested to learn more google GPT-3 which is very close in neural network simulation to the human brain and respond in a way indistinguishable from a human. It can be exposed to 'the internet' for reference and deep learn subjects then in turn do whatever it's asked. Its quite incredible.
For example act as a customer service agent online and be a subject matter expert on any given subject.
Expose it to code and it would build or develop modules to achieve what you ask in simple or detailed terms.
Expose it to legal reference and it will Translate simple protocol into legal standard documents etc.

And that's before we have GPT-4. This will automate alot of people out of work.

In my line of work its all about AI. And ill tell you now its way way advanced already.

If you're interested to learn more google GPT-3 which is very close in neural network simulation to the human brain and respond in a way indistinguishable from a human. It can be exposed to 'the internet' for reference and deep learn subjects then in turn do whatever it's asked. Its quite incredible.
For example act as a customer service agent online and be a subject matter expert on any given subject.
Expose it to code and it would build or develop modules to achieve what you ask in simple or detailed terms.
Expose it to legal reference and it will Translate simple protocol into legal standard documents etc.

And that's before we have GPT-4. This will automate alot of people out of work.

Can it paint a picture, write a song or a bestselling novel?

Funny you should say that...

Human input is through our senses/thoughts...

AI is developing those senses/thoughts at an exponential rate!

That's merely replication.. nothing particularly interesting.

Sponsored Links
Back