lifting parquet blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
over the past few months certain areas (main walkways) on my parquet (finger block style) living room floor seems to be making a hell of a lot of cracking noises. the floor is around 3yrs old.

when i tap on the blocks there is a "hollow" sound , from doing a little digging on this it might be because they were not fitted/glued down properly in the first place :evil: .

to sort this out what are my options?

i've heard you can syringe some adhesive into the wood (but there are no gaps!?) or have to lift it and getting glued down again.

most likely i will have to get the blocks lifted and put right, is this is striaghforward job to do (yeah right!)? how to go about doing it? tools needed? technique?

or get someone in, any idea on cost?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you know what kind of adhesive was used?
If it was bitumen then it has become brittle and using a syringe wouldn't help (you'ld only glue the wood to bits of loose bitumen).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back